Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Yesterday  I watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland with my friends. I had a lot of expectations from the movie since Johnny Depp played the role of the Mad Hatter, and I am a big fan of Alice in Wonderland since my younger years.




The movie started with Alice's father talking to some colleagues and how'd he wish to travel the world. Young Alice disturbed the meeting when she had her nightmares again.




Alice on her adolescent years lost her father and was secretly arranged to be engaged with someone. When she was expected to answer the the man's offer to marry, she ran to the forest following a rabbit that was holding a clock gesturing for a countdown or something. The wonderland was revealed when Alice fell into a hole.


The movie was sort of a continuation of the younger Alice, though the characters were more or less the same.


The special effects and all the visual aspects were very good but i found the story very shallow. I wish it was longer so I could have enjoyed wonderland at least.


My rating would be 3.89/5. In fairness its a movie for the whole family.


Comments

Popular Posts