Kids and Parents are into Fidget Spinners, but WHY?

fidget spinner in abu dhabi
This Fidget Spinner was sold for AED 5.00 only in Greenhouse Abu Dhabi!

Do you need to fidget with your fingers to relax and release anxiety? Then this toy is a must have for you this year! 

Fidget spinners are toys made up of usually plastic, metal, brass, or in combination and has a bearing to let it spin longer. Sounds produced vary from the materials used in it.

When it was first brought out to Greenhouse, anyone of the staff didn't know what it was. I thought it was a toy of some sort, maybe a part of a toy set that needs to be collected to build something bigger.

Well, it only says fidget spinner, no instructions or illustrations on how to use. So i had to search online to check.

Here's what the internet showed how to use it.



Fidget Spinners in Souq.com

These toys are believed to relieve stress, anxiety, and also helpful for ADHD or ADD; or simply if you're bored.


What happened next was unprecedented. Kids don't usually roam the shop in numbers, but when a group bought these fidget spinners another group of kids went in. Word of mouth does work.




Kids came in pair, in groups, and then eventually with parents. The management placed it in a basket right in front of the toy section. It was so accessible that they started to break the packaging and almost overhauled the entire stack.

They kept on coming that some started to make a business out of it-- buying in numbers and outside they sell it double the price.

Everyone in the shop started to get into the craze and admittedly they say it release tension and divert their mind from keeping a lookout on the time.

The objective is to spin it longer, less noise means less friction which means more spinning time. The moments that you spend on spinning this fidgeting toys causes your mind to focus on something. Thus this simple diversion is actually effective.


A school staff has reported that schools are banning these toys inside classrooms as they distract attention during lectures.

I may not have jumped in into the trend, but I like that these toys are not expensive (There might be some...) and actually help in people who find relaxation in fidgeting.

Comments

  1. Greenhouse Abu Dhabi is still selling the Fidget Spinners for as low as AED5.00. (Disclaimer: I was not paid to semi-promote the shop. It just happened that I currently is stationed there.)

    Follow me on twitter @kenjesryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has just bought two in Lazada and we're still trying to learn how to use it better. His nephew was in awe and thought it's a toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much is it? Here it is selling for 5 dirhams, about 65+ pesos.

      Delete
  3. It's nice that fidget spinners can help you focus and de-stress. I should have one of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have just heard about this one. It is really interesting and I find it amazing. If this could help me de-stress and have a focus, I'll surely find this one online and buy If I have budget. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is indeed great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly cheap here in Abu Dhabi if you know where to find. I'm sure you'll find it cheaper online.

      Delete
  5. That's a weird little toy! Isn't a Rubix cube more useful for the same task than this spinner, esp for kids and it makes them think too?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Rubix cube is complex than the spinner toy. I think most of thrn jumped into the trend.

      Delete
  6. My sons just bought fidget spinners and I thought they were tops. I never thought they were therapeutic tools for nervous people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this toy but it sounds like it is very popular with kids in your area. I wonder if adults get into playing with it too? :):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, parents and adults are into this. I think they like it as it is not as expensive as buying a playstation CD. XD

      Delete
  8. Hmmm... I've read the news about how they were banned too. Probably not something I will get to give the kids an excuse to be distracted. Spin a pen or something~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts