My Top 10 May Soundtrack, because when you're bored, you listen to Music

Music picks for May - boredsenses.com
Music for me is life. It drives my mood, it moves me. If I have an upbeat music, I feel the pulse on my body, like I want to dance. And if I feel lonely, I want to listen to some deep weird songs, as I call it. Most people does not agree with the type of music I listen to, not even the closest friend I have. 

But music is a marvel of art and self expression. A pluck of a guitar can mean a lot to a weary soul or even a drop of the snares inspires someone to get up and start the day.

I'm still searching for that good kind of music, the kind that speaks to my heart.

For this month, I have been listening a lot to Japanese music specially the ones that are featured on my Playstation games.

Japanese soundtrack on Nier Automata and Ghost in the Shell movies are out of this world. If I close my eyes and just listen to it, it would seem like my soul is hovering around the mysteries of the world, and maybe even circling the void.

Now to start with, here are my top picks for this month. Based on the influence and mood it produced on me.

#1 Stand By Me by Florence and the Machines

I love this particular rendition by Florence and the Machines, since Florence has this baroque soulful neo style and this particular song is at the end credits of Final Fantasy 15, the first playstation game i played on my Playstation 4.

#2 Strange Village - OST Nier Automata

This soundtrack from Nier Automata, my second playstation game, is so memorable to me because of the love I found from the video game. One of my shower mix.

#3 Possessed by Disease - OST Nier Automata

Again a soundtrack from the hack and slash game that earned 10/10 in game reviews-- Nier Automata. I particularly loved the weirdness on this one, reminds me on how I played 2B and just slash my way to find 9S.

#4 You and Me - Disclosure feat. Eliza Doolittle (Flume Remix)

I have been in love with disclosure ever since Latch with Sam Smith. I loved the simplicity of this remix and the candid kissing of the music video. I miss feeling nothing else but just me and him. This is my shower mix.


#5 Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys

I have been feeling melancholia from this past week, for feeling down about matters of the heart. It's hard to connect to someone, the words speak to me. The heavy instruments amplifies my emotions as if giving me finally a resolution of my stupidity about love. This song reflects my desperation for attention from this person. I have been hooked up with this song for quiet a while now but I feel it relates to my current situation.

#6 1 Night - Mura Masa & Charlie XCX

This is my first time to hear from Mura Masa, he is an electronic music producer from Guernsey, of course I love Charlie XCX. This is the music that is contrary to the previous song, because this is me being playful. I'd like to be this unattached person to another person if we ever find each other in each other's arms. I have felt this kind of connection, but I always end up getting attached. This song gives me a little therapy to straighten up my emotions.

#7 Love on the Brain - Rihanna

Is May a little cruel for my heart? Listen to the song and you'd know why Rihanna is a Rihanna, and the message is very aggressively saying 'dont stop loving me'.

#8 Cinema Symphony, Ghost in the Shell OST - Kenjie Kawai

Blame my exposure to Japanese RPGs, I returned to rediscovering Ghost in the Shell series and swear I want to watch it again, until the 2017 movie came out. Read My Review about the latest Ghost in the Shell Movie. Another japanese weirdness, but this is a masterpiece and perfectly paired with the Anime.

#9 Cake by the Ocean - DNCE

Won Teen Choice Award for Choice Party Song, and why wouldn't I agree? This is catchy, and even when I'm working at the store I forgot I'm working and I just move my not-so-gracious body. This is one of my get-up and start your day song, also in the shower playlist.

#10 That's What I Like - Bruno Mars

That 24K Magic is working on me. I love to have delusions about inviting you in my Cadillac and not worry about how many miles we put, how lucky could you be. It's catchy and certainly booty shaking. Bruno sure is a genius in this song, fun and top caliber voice.

Could Have Made It...

Rockabye - Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul and Anne-Marie
Chained to the Rhythm - Katy Perry
Hold Up - Beyonce
Sorry - Beyonce
Omen- Disclosure feat.Sam Smith
Team - Lorde
Latch - Disclosure feat. Sam Smith

But, they don't relate to me as to what I feel at the moment.

Comments

  1. Wow! Sounds like a great playlist right there. Anything that includes Florence and the machine would make a good list though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR, Florence and the Machines are on point.

      Delete
  2. It's very rare for me to discover a fellow gamer! I love the Florence + The Machine track too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im new to the gaming world. But im planning to share experiences on my games too, although I dont have much at this moment.

      Delete
  3. I don't find your taste for music weird. They're not weird. I like video game-based Songs and Music too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say, game OST helps you focus. So one can listen to it while studying, perhaps?

      Delete
  4. Well! Everyone has their own taste and sounds like a nice numbers to play on. I am sure my son can relate to these numbers better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know your list! I choice of music highly depends on my mood and keeps changing several times within a day itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I also base it on my mood as well, haha.

      Delete
  6. You have a great taste in Music. Thanks for sharing your top 10 Music choices. I enjoyed listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have way different type of music. I love and always enjoy listening to alternative, rock and metal and sometimes souls rnb and hiphop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also a huge fan of listening to music whenever I'm bored and stress. It is actually my stress reliever. I like your Top 10 music, some of them I'm also listening to it. I must listen to some of it as well. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music indeed peps you up very fast. My daughter has some of the favorites from this list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i was just listening to stand by me awhile ago.. it's the theme of Final fantasy XV and i really love it.. that's a good choice of music there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess what? I've never listened to any single one of them! Embarrassed max. Haha... Have you tried creating playlist like that so that you can listen to them all?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts